CRICOS approved for International Students
CRICOS Code 01884F
COURSES FOR DANCE AND DANCE TEACHING. APPLY NOW!
NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR 2013. SEE BROCHURES BELOW.
ONLY STUDENTS 18 YEARS & OVER CAN APPLY.
* CUA20111 Certificate II in Dance- 6 months Full time
* CUA30111 Certificate III in Dance- 1 year Full time
* CUA30311 Certificate III in Assistant Dance Teaching- 1 year Full time
* CUA40111 Certificate IV in Dance – 1 year Full time
* CUA40211 Certificate IV in Dance Teaching & Management- 1 year Full time
* CUA50211 Diploma of Musical Theatre – 1 year Full time
* CUA50311 Diploma of Dance Teaching & Management- 1 year Full time
The new courses above have been submitted for CRICOS registration.
Access to the course is not limited on the basis of gender, social or educational background.
Due to the physical nature of the course and the demands of the commercial dance and musical theatre performance profession, physical ability and appearance are important considerations.
All applicants should have previous dance/movement training, or be able to display a suitable level of physical co-ordination, sensory facility and potential suitability to meet the course requirements.
Admission to the course requires the student to demonstrate sufficient movement ability and satisfy the Artistic Director and teaching staff representatives.
Admission to the course is normally at Certificate II level for beginner students, Certificate III level for intermediate students and Certificate IV level for advanced students. Only successful graduates of Dance Factory’s Certificate IV can apply for the Diploma level.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY & NUMERACY REQUIREMENTS
In order to complete the course students will need to have basic language, literacy and numeric skills. The skills will need to be sufficient enough to:
- Prepare written assignments
- Prepare and deliver a written journal
- Read basic anatomy and ‘principals of practice’ literature
- Count to music for timing
- Read and recite scripts and song lyrics
It is expected that international students will be functionally literate to the extent required to read, comprehend and discuss course materials. English Language equivalent to an IELTS score of 5.5 or completion of the audition requirements of Dance Factory.
The course is broken up into four terms with a two week vacation break between each term. Students can commence in Term 1, 2 or 3.
Teacher led practical classes and performance workshop classes. Teacher led discussions of relevant industry particulars. Media assisted learning and self analysis. Ongoing self evaluation. Substantial practical experience of performance environments.
- Provide a high level of training across a variety of dance styles based on practical dance technique.
- To develop students’ choreographic skills.
- To develop students’ vocal and drama skills.
- To prepare students for auditions in the Performing Arts Industry.
- To instil in students a professional attitude towards grooming, reliability and self discipline.
- To provide career security by developing teaching skills and qualifications.
These courses are fully accredited with the Australian Skills Quality Authority and CRICOS for international students. Students can apply for credit transfer to other tertiary institutions.
- 8 dance studios equipped with mirrors, barres, sound equipment, sprung floors, tarquet.
- Television Room and Singing Room for private lessons.
- DVD/Video Recorder, Video Camera, Photocopier, Fax, Piano.
- Video and Book Library.
- Access to Pilates, Gymnasium, Physiotherapist, Massage, Library, Theatrette.
Students seeking ACCOMMODATION may find the following sites of some assistance: